To meet the expectations and needs of my clients, I offer individual consulting, group workshops, in-company workshops, scientific & medical information and articles & reviews writing.
- Functional Medicine (read more about functional medicine approach here)
- General and Family Nutrition
- Gut Health, Probiotics, Prebiotics, Dietary Supplementation
- General Health Complaints (such as digestion problems, acne, allergies, eczema, digestion problems, irritable bowel syndrome, thyroid problems, tiredness, migraine, low immunity, stress-related complaints, poor sleep, PMS, depression, anxiety, ADHD, ADD, insulin resistance, weight issues, joint pain, and other chronic complaints)
- Laboratory testing, such as fecal test analysis (digestion profile, basic gut microbiota, intestinal permeability/leaky gut marker, reactivity to gluten, histamine, parasitology, Helicobacter pylori, Candida overgrowth, intestinal inflammation & infection markers, tumor markers, pancreatic elastase and bile production), blood testing (routine blood testing, SKB blood test, food sensitivities, allergies), saliva testing (adrenal stress index), hair analysis (heavy metals, minerals), genetic testing, DNA methylation profile. Client covers the costs of laboratory tests.
Most laboratory testing is requested via MGLab&Advies (fecal analysis), Atalmedial (blood analysis), RP Sanitas Humanus (saliva, blood, fecal, urine analysis), ProHealth (saliva, blood, fecal, urine analysis), and 23andMe or New Life Genetics for genetic analysis.
Why should you consider laboratory testing?
If you struggle with chronic health complaints, appropriate laboratory testing may be essential in order to assess your health status and reveal possible underlying cause(s) contributing to your symptoms, as well as to prepare an appropriate treatment plan. The testing depends on the patient and his/her needs, what they’re looking for, and what we need to find out. For example, a well selected blood panel will provide information about how the basic body systems are functioning. These should be crucial for everybody with chronic health issues. On the other hand, a fecal analysis provides different information about the health of the patient, assessing patient’s gut health which is the key to health. If you don’t have a healthy gut, you can’t be healthy overall. This is true even when you don’t have gut symptoms. Importantly, lab testing is only one tool in evaluating your health, as your health history, signs and symptoms are equally important. All of that when put together will help to develop a proper action plan to your recovery. Medical laboratory testing plays a crucial role in the early detection, diagnosis and treatment.
Nutritional and supplementary advice is based on individual needs and on the principles of the orthomolecular science.
HOW DO I WORK?
It’s very important for me that my patients feel at ease and that we have a quality time for thorough conversation, during our first appointment. I am eager to hear patient’s input, ideas and I want their motivated participation. Please note that the best results can be expected when the patient does actively participate in changing his behavior, diet, and lifestyle. When dealing with chronic disease, I focus on patient’s foundation – meaning diet, lifestyle and environment. We also look into possible nutrient imbalances, gut health, the functioning of HPA axis (hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis). Depending on the individual case, we may look further into cellular dysfunction, toxic burden, hormonal imbalance, or chronic infection/immune dysregulation.
1st (Intake) consultation and 2nd consultation: the first consultation plays a vital part in your health journey. Prior to our first appointment I will ask you to complete health related questionnaires and I will ask you to send in any recent medical records you may already have. During the intake consultation we will discuss your health challenges, what you have tried so far, what’s worked and what hasn’t worked, and what your wishes are. We will talk about your diet, your life style, and we will also evaluate the questionnaires. We will gather all the clues of your past (health history starting from birth, your physical and emotional childhood environment, your relationships, traumatic events, etc.) and your present situation (stress level, nutrition, social life, relationships, physical activities, quality of sleep, symptoms, environmental toxins). Depending on the nature of your complaints, I may suggest doing laboratory testing to better evaluate your current health status and to better understand the possible root cause contributing to your health issues. Based on the findings of laboratory results, prior the 2nd consultation, I will provide you with a personalized dietary and supplementary plan to address your health issues. We will discuss the recommendations during our 2nd consultation (via Skype, phone or face-to-face).
Follow-up consultations: a number and a frequency of follow-up consultations is individual. Some people need more follow-ups whereas others are satisfied after 1-2 consultations. For chronic and more complex complaints regular follow-up consultations over a period of few months may be the most beneficial.
CONSULTATIONS & INVESTEMENT
Functional medicine, with its emphasis on preventing and reversing disease rather than just suppressing symptoms with medication, can potentially save patients a lot of money over the course of their life, often proving more cost-effective than conventional medicine. The costs in conventional medicine may not be visible to the patient, since his insurance company deals with the bill, but that does not mean that the costs are not real – and it does not mean the patient isn’t paying for them in some form via insurance premiums, taxes and out-of-pocket expenses. When seeking functional medicine care, in the beginning the out-of-pocket expenses may be higher because of the testing, preventative care, diet and lifestyle intervention which is an invest in patient’s health. And like with other good investments, patients will receive a return over time. The costs of my consultations, depending on the insurance package, may (partly) be reimbursed by a health insurer (in the Netherlands). To make sure, check it out with your health insurance company.
Individual Consultations & Consult Items
Discovery Call of max. 20 min: FREE
- To find out how I work and if I can help
1st (intake) face-to-face consultation of max. 75 min: 145€
- Includes Brief summary (in English) of the intake consult (sent by email) with suggested laboratory testing, possible factors contributing to your symptoms
- General nutritional guidelines (in English) received after intake and sent by email
- Indirect time spent on activities prior and after consultation such as review of medical records, email communication
2nd consultation to discuss your treatment plan of max. 75 min: 145€
- Personalized dietary and supplementary plan (in English) based on laboratory results and your complaints, sent by email after all laboratory results are available
- 2nd consultation takes place via Skype, phone or face-to-face
- Indirect time spent on activities prior and after consultation such as review of medical records, email or phone communication
Follow-up/progress consultations (Skype, phone or face-to-face) of max. 45 min including new recommendations and indirect time spent on consultation related activities: 90€
Email/telephone general short queries (appointment, invoice, etc): FREE
Email/telephone specific queries (supplementation, nutrition) 10 min: 20€
Request & written interpretation of blood, fecal, saliva, hair or urine tests*, general genetic test* interpretation (New Life Genetics): 40€ per test/analysis
Genetic testing* analysis (23andMe): Interpretation of DNA methylation profile: 120€ per test
General Information consultations of max. 60 min (about nutrition, supplements, probiotics, prebiotics, gut health etc.): 90€
Expert Content consultations & reviews – please contact me for more information
*Client covers the costs of laboratory tests. The costs vary depending on the test and the lab, and may range from 100€ up to 800€ or more, for more comprehensive testing. For example, the basic fecal analysis costs approximately 200 – 230€.
Please note that all prices are inclusive VAT (21%)
Consultations take place in Amsterdam or via Skype.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or if you want to discuss any other tailor made services.
Health Insurance Reimbursement
Dr. Joanna is registered as a paramedical natural medicine practitioner at the professional association BATC (Stichting Belangen Associatie Therapeut en Consument) and her clients are eligible to health insurance reimbursement, however it varies per insurance company and individual package. Please check with your insurer if you are entitled to it. You may also check here to find out which insurance companies provide reimbursement for complementary health practices. Consults fall under “Natuurgeneeskundige therapieën/consulten”.
Registration details: Practitioner AGB code: 90103189; Practice AGB code: 90062583; BR code: 02537
ProBiotic DIGEST Appointment Cancellation Policy
- If for any reason you wish to cancel your appointment, you can do it without charge anytime 24 hours prior your appointment
- Same day cancellations will be charged 50% of the scheduled service price
- If you do not cancel your appointment or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged full price for the scheduled service.